B.Sc. Business Administration
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Business Management, originally known as the Department of Business Studies, started as a full-fledged Department in the 2009/2010 Academic Session with 58 students for the 5 Programmes of the Department, namely, Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Public Administration.
The Vision of the Department is to train a new generation of business practitioners and scholars who will assume leadership roles and establish themselves as trailblazers in their world, that is, take the lead in the global business environment by proffering business solutions and establishing themselves as significant players in the global business arena. Below are parameters in which the Department intends to enhance its business development performance:
- Education: adopting and adapting modern and vibrant educational approaches which provide students with the opportunities and facilities to achieve their maximum potentials towards greatness and excellence in order to achieve universal education.
- Agriculture: initiating creative and innovative ideas leading to the development of a modern technologically enabled agricultural sector with vast business, marketing, and human resource strategies that will fully exploit the vast agricultural resources of the country thereby ensuring national food security and contribute significantly to foreign exchange earnings and eradicate extreme hunger and poverty.
- Manufacturing: designing and developing product or service ideas that will make the Nigerian manufacturing sector to be vibrant and globally competitive, contributing significantly to the GDP with added value of not less than 40%.
Our mission is to:
- train our students to be “Expert Business Thinkers”, who are mentally resourceful, intellectually equipped, entrepreneurially self-dependent, “futuristically” visionary, responsive to business changes and prepared for the leadership roles in organizations;
- train our students to face business challenges; to be intelligently conscious of their immediate and extended business environment and capable of maximizing the readily available resources; and
- develop integrated, life-applicable, life-promoting business solutions and education.
Our core mission is, therefore, to produce business graduates that are intellectually sound and entrepreneurial, self-reliant, who are consistently seen as business solution providers and business world changers.
The Philosophy of the Business Administration Degree Programme is designed to prepare graduates and equip them with conceptual, analytical and technical decision-making skills that will help them to ask and answer fundamental questions concerning the role of business in society.
The Department intends to produce agents of change imbued with the Core Values of Covenant University. It strives to provide a dynamic learning environment for imparting holistic education that inculcates professionalism, excellence, competitive business spirit and pro-active qualitative leadership to our students.
The B.Sc (Hons.) Business Administration Degree Programme seeks to open to students the complex world of creating goods and services for the satisfaction of human needs in the national and global environments mediated by the social business institution. A thorough appreciation of the dynamics of finding and using resource inputs for efficient and sustainable production of outputs desired by consumers is developed.
The range of analytical, behavioural, conceptual and technical tools, that is the science and art of management introduced to the students, helps to sharpen their decision-making capabilities. The Programme will foster the readiness of students to acquire and practically utilize their business know-how in the public and private sectors of the economy. The products of the Programme will also be better positioned to be self-employed besides being able to cope with professional career pursuits in modern organizations.
Mode of Study?
- Open and Distance Learning
- In-Class Lectures and Tutorials
B.Sc (Honours) Business Administration
Four (4) Years (8 Semesters)
- Candidates should possess a Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or General Certificate of Education (GCE, OL) or National Education Council Certificate (NECO) or their approved equivalents, with at least five credit passes, obtained at not more than two sittings, which must include English Language, Mathematics, Economics; Mathematics or Further Mathematics; any one of Commerce, Accounting, Marketing; any other Social Science subject.
- 200 Level Candidates must possess Diploma, an Innovative National Diploma (NID) or Ordinary National Diploma (OND) relevant to the proposed program of study with a minimum of Lower Credit from recognised institutions.
- 300 Level Candidates must possess a Higher/Advanced Diploma or Higher National Diploma (HND) relevant to the proposed program of study with a minimum of Lower Credit from recognised institutions.
- Concessionary Admission: Mature candidates awaiting SSCE/O’Level result can apply and try to complete and submit his/her SSCE/O’Level result before graduation.
In addition, candidates residing in Lagos State must pass the TEBA Scholastic Aptitude Screening (TESAS) at our Lagos Study Center. TESAS represents the post-JAMB screening test for the Academy. Candidates must also demonstrate an obvious social, physical, spiritual and academic orientation towards life as Testament Business Academy and Affiliated Institutions are Character driven Institutions.
|S/N||Payment Fees||Amount (₦)|
|5||ICT Administrative Charges||5,000.00|
|8||Tuition Fees (per session)||150,000.00|
|Total Compulsory Fees||200,000.00|
*Examination registration fees for all categories of students remain unchanged for now.
Returning Students and for Subsequent Sessions
|S/N||Payment Fees||Amount (₦)|
|5||ICT Administrative Charges||5,000.00|
|8||Tuition Fees (per session)||130,000.00|
|Total Compulsory Fees||150,000.00|
*Project Fees (Undergraduates): ₦30,000.00
*Exam and Resitting Fees: ₦1,000.00 per course
The entire process is electronic and online and operates 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
- Walk into any of these participating banks or pay from our website or through transfers
- Wema Bank: Testament Business Academy – 0122799260
- First Bank: Testament Business Academy – Processing
- Ecobank: Testament Business Academy – Processing
PLEASE NOTE THAT TEBA WOULD NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PAYMENT MADE INTO ANY ACCOUNT OTHER THAN THE ABOVE DESIGNATED BANKS AND ACCOUNT NUMBERS
- Pay as follows for Testament Business Academy (TEBA) application forms:
- Undergraduate Programmes: ₦10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira Only)
- Obtain the payment Teller, payment email or any form of payment confirmation scan and send to: email@example.com
- A Pin Code will be send to you by the Admission Officer of TEBA.
- Visit https://portal.teba.com.ng/apply
- Use your Application pin code to access your TEBA online application form
- Complete the application by providing the required information.
- After completion, the candidate can re-open the form as often as he/she likes, before submitting.
- Having completed all the above steps, you may submit your form by clicking the submit button at the bottom of the displayed screen.
- TEBA will send you an email or/and text message for student interview where documents will be screened for successful application.
- A provisional admission letter will be sent to your email to be printed out in coloured as this will serve as the only document needed for you to be mobilized for your matriculation ceremony at the main campus.
Applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.